Thursday, December 3, 2015

You don't cry alone

Cry and Cry until you sleep, Dream for a world, there's nothing to weep - I heard this crooning from a distance, it was the same mad guy.  Someone said he was a big-shot banker , someone said he was a jilted lover. People made stories and those stories made their way into our minds. Days went, night came , he kept singing monotonously.
"Everyone serves a purpose in life" my grandma had told me when i was a kid, i guess God makes a few exceptions.
Soon i got a bigger apartment in the same locality, another month and i got a TV, another and i got Playstation, another 2 months i got wine cabinet,  another month-i got a girl, another 2months - we were madly in love. Months passed like days, i was happy - a good job, a pretty girl, vintage wine and good times.
It was about November beginning - when she slapped her decision on my face- suddenly i was possessive, unsmart and ruffian. Her parents found her a match and before i could gulp it down, she had tied the knot. I blamed it on me, wine cabinet got stuffed with whisky, ashtrays overflowed, i started missing the morning cab, my clothes smelt bad, i looked sad and my performance took a backseat. My manager, gladly showed me the door and i did not care anymore. I emptyied more glasses. Days passed like months.
And then one night i did it, the ultimate devastation of self-control - i smashed the glass, it hit the TV, there was a huge bang and then a silence. I felt better but not at peace althogether.
I lay down in the balcony, the breeze was soothing my agony and then from a distance i heard it loud, again, after years maybe - Cry cry until you sleep.
A smile crossed my lips. Grandma was a genius.

4 comments:

  1. Hey keep posting such good and meaningful articles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely comply with some points that you just have mentioned on this post. I appreciate that you just have shared some reliable recommendations on this review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was terribly helpful on behalf of me. Keep sharing such ideas within the future similarly. This was truly what i used to be longing for, and that i am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such data with USA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely comply with some points that you just have mentioned on this post. I appreciate that you just have shared some reliable recommendations on this review.

    ReplyDelete